Sunday, June 28, 2009

How Did This Happen...It's Over!

Well, that's it. I have finished everything here at DLI. The DLPT is over and done, and I successfully navigated it with a L2+/R2/S2 - very respectable scores, if I may say. Even more when I think that I did it in a 50-week short course. Now I just have to outprocess and attend the graduation. Susan and I have a long cross-country vacation planned (again!), but this time we're taking it a bit slower. We'll actually get to stop in the Grand Canyon this time, as well as take the opportunity to ride Amtrak from Texas to Pennsylvania. I'm really looking forward to the slower pace of travel on the train.

All in all, my DLI experience was a positive one. Despite the down days that felt like the program would never improve and never end, it is pretty cool to be able to say 'I speak Arabic'. I am looking forward to putting my language to use overseas. I just hope I don't lose it all while I'm on leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment