Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Post

This is my first post on a personal blog. I'm not entirely sure why I've decided to do this, other than sheer curiosity. It seems strange that me, a guy who loved computers as a kid and even has a degree in Computer Science, is so resistant to 'new' technologies like this. Computers are supposed to simplify our lives and make communication easier - which they have - yet I am very resistant to using them. At it's heart, digital communication isn't any 'better' than other forms, they're just faster, stronger, etc. For me, a person who doesn't network or name drop in person, 'social networking' website like Facebook hold zero appeal. I struggle to use the phone, and don't even have a cell phone, so I've found, as time goes on, that I use email less and less, to the point that I write very few emails and receive even fewer. For some reason, however, this held some appeal to try. I'll check it out for a few weeks before deciding if I like it or not.